Monday, October 29, 2012

Delicious dessert, a piece of heaven



Delicious strawberry cheesecake from Mugg and Bean, Gateway

I disappear into the folds of this confection. 

That is to say… I lose myself, my world and all coherent though for a split second. My attention revolves instead around this silken creation. 

I wonder at the love and the discipline that must have been part science, part magic inherent in the hands of the chef that sculpted this masterpiece. Sure, it was probably just a mix of cream cheese, sugar, fruit, vanilla and pastry, but I’ll be damned if I didn't tell you that I tasted love and passion and felt the sense of artistry come alive on this very plate. 

Every morsel was eaten with aching slowness, every taste, a textural delight as I savoured the flavours; salty, sweet with an aromatic vanilla aftertaste. Paired with a just ‘hot enough’ cup of Americano coffee that complemented and offset the dessert with its slight chocolaty bitterness. It was as if I had arrived in heaven with my very own share of deliciousness. 

Its moments like these that I cherish and treasure. It feels that just for once, the world stops spinning on its axis, all problems are momentarily forgotten and my mind scrambles in paroxysms of delight.

It is my sincere belief that for just one moment in time, all is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment