Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My own person




Will I ever really be my own person?

Or rather a product of desire, an amalgamation of somebody’s dreams and desires and will to be brought into creation 

And so I am shaped, moulded by thoughts, views, words, experiences, bombarded from the minute that I first hit the world 

Even the first word that I uttered was probably not my own, but by the insistent coaxing of any number of individuals trying to influence me with their thoughts 

Even the language that I speak is not mine, 

As it is spoken, handed down in code from generation to generation, foreign until it reaches my tender ears
Making sense only now that I am conditioned toward it  

So I ask, what is yours?

What is mine?

Who are we?

Who are you?

Am I me?

In this world that we see
Am I ever really my own person? 

…Or just a link upon the never-ending chain of humanity?

No comments:

Post a Comment