Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Longing...



I long for that time and place
Where I spoke with a never-ending stream of words fueled by childlike curiosity 

 I long for that time and place
When I danced and jigged around in the aisles of a shopping mall as a child without a care in the world, chattering animatedly to myself  to people, or imaginary friends

I long for that time and place
Before I knew too much about societal conditioning, rules and constructs that made me wonder if I was not perhaps more than a little awkward

I long for that time and place…
When fruit tasted fresh and sweet with jewel like intensity and everything around the corner was new… (That’s when eating candy popcorn, going to the movies for the very first time and even a trip to post office (the post office for heaven’s sake!) was an adventure in itself.)

I long for that time and place
Where all people were potential playmates in childish games, not to be observed guardedly first for the potential pitfalls in their intentions. 

I long for that time and place
Where friendships were simple and sharing your lunch at break and liking the same ‘hand-clapping’ games sealed the deal on the start of a new ‘best friendship.’ 

I long for that time and place
Where sharing and receiving love was as simple as sending a card to your primary school crush asking, ‘Will you be my valentine?’ and getting the ‘yes’ box ticked and sent back

I long for that time and place
When I could declare my tiredness, hungriness and happiness to anybody and everybody who would listen, just because I was a little human roaming free on this Earth.

Oh how I long for that time and place…

No comments:

Post a Comment